Monday, March 06, 2006

As Yet Un-named Ensemble In The Works

I'm excited to say that I've got a new ensemble in the works. This is a joint effort between myself and Deadra Hart (vocals), Fred Kennedy (drums) and Bob Gingery (bass). It looks like we will soon be joined by Elena Park (violin) and Jessica Schmitz (flute). For my part, I will be exploring in my compositions the intersection of Jazz and contemporary classical or "new" music. This means, in addition to jazz or "head" arrangments, trying to incorporate new and creative ways of notating improvisational frameworks and investigating ways of allowing such frameworks to co-exist with more traditionally notated music. I'm excited about where this all may lead and plan to fully document the group's progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home