Monday, January 08, 2007

New J-rom Tracks and the Importance of Pulse

I've been obsessing a lot lately over the importance of pulse in music. From listening to Steve Reich's pulse-related work (think Music for Eighteen Musicians) to playing the eigth-note driven music of herMajesty my mind has been pre-occupied with this facet of music.

An along this same topic is my return to working on electronic music under the J-rom moniker. Three new songs now chart out some new territory for this project that I hope will be enjoyed...

2 Comments:

Blogger David Karlsgodt said...

Nice stuff.... I put my wife to the early dating test by having her listen to Reich's "Come out to Show" on the headphone in my apt. Not only did she listen to the entire thing, but she even called me back the next day!

Nice to hear you are taking "pulse" to new places...

On a technical note, you are missing a folder name in your last MP3 link (TheNight.mp3).... being a geek, i figured it out, but please fix so others can listen to this beautiful track.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Jerome Covington said...

thanks dave...

jerome

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home